Don’t Let Mold Damage Fester in Your Tarrytown Property
Expert Mold Damage Cleanup with SERVPRO in Tarrytown is Best
Whether you suspect mold growth or can see visible spots within your Tarrytown property, time is of the essence. Once mold starts to colonize, it can take hold of building materials and interior contents and begin impacting the pertinent structural elements of your building. SERVPRO is here for commercial and residential mold remediation services to help you bring your building back to pre-mold condition. Far superior to DIY cleanup, SERVPRO’s methods get fast, efficient results so that you can breathe easy in your home or business once again.
Why call SERVPRO to start in on mold damage fast in Tarrytown? As with any restoration, early mitigation and remediation generate the best results. SERVPRO starts right away with an initial assessment so that we can select the right tools and put containment measures in place. Some of the steps you will see us take include:
- Containment and moisture management
- Contents cleaning or relocation
- Surface cleaning and deodorizing
One of the critical puzzle pieces for SERVPRO technicians when beginning any mold cleanup project is determining how the mold occurred. Locating the source of the excess moisture, or root cause, of the problem, is paramount at the beginning of the project. Damp areas and excessive moisture make for ideal conditions that allow mold to colonize and thrive.
- The cause of water/moisture damage must get addressed right away; otherwise, mildew and black mold can just come back.
- Common reasons for mold development include hidden plumbing leaks, a leaking roof from storms, spills that were not adequately cleaned and dried, increased moisture due to lack of ventilation, HVAC system malfunctions, etc.
Will All the Mold Be Removed Once SERVPRO is Done?
There is no such thing as total mold removal, as microscopic mold spores are all around us at all times. Countless types of mold are present in the air, outside amidst the environment, on the clothing we wear and can come into the home on us or our pets. Any company or product claiming mold removal is false; however, SERVPRO works to thoroughly clean and disinfect all surfaces to bring mold levels back to minimal levels.
Know the Possible Hazards from Mold Infestation
You may think that spraying and wiping mold will be enough, but the problem might be deeper seated than you think. Some of the issues that come from mold development include:
- Further colonization – Once you suspect mold by smelling it or seeing visible patches, know it can multiply. If you do not address the moisture and colonies, mold reproduces and creates even more costly damage. It can also become dislodged and move into unaffected areas of your home or business.
- Daily life interruption – Nobody likes foul, musty odors, but a mold problem brings just that. Rather than living with mold and the potential harm it causes to your building, you can have skilled IICRC-Certified mold remediation technicians from SERVPRO go through and ensure all surfaces are carefully inspected and cleaned. Your interior will get the Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned seal of approval.
- Structural issues and loss of contents – A significant concern with mold damage is the impact on porous materials, including contents, building materials, and structural components. Failing to address mold growth adequately the first time leads to secondary damage and immense materials degradation.
Should mold damage repairs be required, SERVPRO removes unsalvageable materials so that trusted area vendors and contractors can replace them to make it “Like it never even happened.” All surfaces and spaces get treated with EPA-registered cleaning agents, antimicrobials, and deodorizing methods.
Contact us at SERVPRO of Tarrytown/Elmsford when you require help with commercial or residential mold damage. You can reach us by calling (914) 358-9000 or requesting help online.