Document Restoration Chamber
List of Services
Vacuum Freeze Drying
- Process in Which an item containing moisture is frozen and dried using various vacuums and pressures to achieve sublimation.
- The direct conversion of a solid (ice) into a gas (water vapor), without passage through a liquid stage.
- Take dry ice for example. Dry ice is made of carbon dioxide, not water. When dry ice is exposed to normal atmospheric conditions it begins to sublimate, it turns directly from its solid stage into its gaseous stage bypassing the liquid stage.
- With the new age of technology digitizing records and documents has become a standard practice in most industries. This eliminates the need to have massive file storage rooms and allows us to access records at the click of a button. If your file rom was damaged by water, or smoke, and need to be cleaned, or dried, or decontaminated, digitizing might be a good choice to eliminate the need to have 100's or even 1000's of documents and records in storage.
- High-energy photons are emitted from an isotope source (Cobalt 60) producing ionization (electron disruptions throughout a product). In living cells, these disruptions result in damage to the DNA and other cellular structures. These photon-induced changes at the molecular level cause the death of the organism or render the organism incapable of reproduction. The gamma process does not create residuals or impact radioactivity in processed products.
- Gamma irradiation is a process that is used for cleaning/disinfecting, and decontaminating documents or other consumer goods.
- In a CAT 3 situation (Sewage or Flood water) documents are not only deteriorating but are also infected with all types of bacteria. In most storm situations you are dealing with CAT 3 water, therefore most of the affected documents that you will encounter will be contaminated. If this is the case than de-contamination is always a must.