Who Will Put the Pieces Back?
SERVPRO Franchise Professionals understand the feelings of frustration and overwhelming concern for how to properly handle a fire damage. Their priority is helping you and your customers regain control. SERVPRO Franchise Professionals also understand business closures due to fire damage don't just affect the business owner; they affect the employees, their families and the community.
- Install smoke alarms outside each sleeping area on every level of a home
- Check Smoke alarms once per month and change the batteries at least once per year
- Plan an escape route and practice it at least twice a year
When a SERVPRO Franchise Professional arrives on the scene following a fire, their first step is to calm the customer's fears. The second step is to pre-test the smoke to determine what type of fire has taken place. Knowing the types of smoke and their behavior patterns is crucial
- Wet smoke - Plastics and rubber.
- Dry Smoke - Paper and Wood.
- Protein smoke- Produced by evaporation of material rather than from a fire
- Fuel Oil Soot- Furnace Puff Backs.
- Other- Tear gas, Fingerprint powder, and fire extinguisher residue.
Smoke and soot residue can damage carpet, upholstery and contents if not removed quickly and efficiently. In a fire-damage structure with soot on the walls and other surfaces, cleaning and restoration is less disruptive and more cost-efficient than replacement.